Is digital story-telling your passion? Do you know your Crowdtangle from your Chartbeat?
Then you could be the person we’re looking for to lead our client’s newsroom.
You will need to be able to direct a team of excellent reporters and be happy to help coach trainees, alongside one other ACE.
You will understand what makes a compelling and engaging story and how to build a great newslist for print and online, write a great headline for all platforms and know what it takes to turn a press release into something readers actually want to share.
This is an ideal chance for a senior/chief reporter who wants to take the next step, or a content editor/content manager who wants to put their news skills to greater use.
- Drive the stories
- Be reactive, creative, and full of ideas
- Be a methodical, organised multi-tasker
- Be passionate about detail
- Thrive on deadlines
- Understand the how and why of search and social
- Know who’s reading our stories, where and why
- Be able to inspire and enthuse a team
- Create the right mix of content, for the right time of day and platform
- Know exactly what makes a story and how to tell it for different platforms, from print to Twitter Moments.
- Have a good understanding of media law